Grat Music Selection

martes, 17 de septiembre de 2013

The Field Announces New Album Cupid's Head

FACT reports that Swedish electronic experimentalist Axel Willner, aka the Field, is following up his excellent 2011 album Looping State of Mind with a new LP. Cupid's Head is out September 30 via Kompakt.
Willner discussed working on the new album with FACT Update: This is from a press release:
“When I started to work on Cupid’s Head it was quite awkward. I felt that I had nothing to put into a new album and I'm not the type to sit down and force something out in the studio. But then, after a few modest attempts, I got a first loop together and running which turned out (in a short time) to be ‘No.No…’. It was a revelation of sorts as making it felt new to me, and different, and that’s when it all came out.”
Cupid's Head:
01 They Won’t See Me
02 Black Sea
03 Cupid’s Head
04 A Guided Tour
05 No. No…
06 20 Seconds Of Affection
Watch the Field perform "Over the Ice" at Pitchfork Music Festival:


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario